There are many successful strategies available through which you can rank your site and make it on the top if you put daily efforts on it and one of the most common ways to do so is Guest Posting. But is guest posting still good for SEO? Or there are more better ways available?
No doubt guest posting is the most effective SEO strategy one can follow, but to decide whether it is still good for SEO, we need to focus on some points and many web development company is already following this strategy. So, lets see, which are they:
What is a Guest Post?
In simple words, guest blogging or guest posting means you are publishing your content on other’s website. While publishing your content, you can include a link on an anchor text that redirects to your website. This will leave a positive impact on the rankings.
Whatever you are writing, you should write for people and not for the rankings. If you will provide proper, good and informative content, rank will increase automatically.
What is wrong in guest blogging?
Everything has its dark side too, right? Doing everything out of the limit is not good for anything, same goes with guest blogging. According to the Google guidelines, there is no problem with guest blogging, but if you will use this technique as a bad practice, then it will affect your search engine optimisation.
How to Find Relevant Guest Blogging Sites?
Don’t just think about your link and content. Think about the other site too, before approaching for guest posting research about the site and check whether it is relevant to your content or not, apart from this, keep these points in mind too:
- Write for the sites that you find relevant. For example, if you are having a site on technology, and you are publishing your content on a food niche blog, then there is no meaning.
- Before approaching, check the site’s DA, traffic, backlinks using SEO tools such as moz, ahref, semrush and more.
- Check all the terms and conditions of that site, whether they are approving your niche article or not, what are the charges (if it is paid post), is it worth to pay that much amount or not.
Why Guest Posting is necessary?
- Guest posting or guest blogging helps in getting your website quality traffic. If you are doing guest posting on regular basis then there is possibility that your content will rank instantly.
- With guest blogging, more audience will come to know about your blog and visitors will come to your blog.
- It will help you to improve your writing, by writing number of contents, you will automatically improve your writing skills plus you will gain more knowledge too.
- You will get to know what other thinks about your site as you can get feedbacks and comments on your sites too.
- You can connect with more people working in the same field.
So, if you ask me “Is guest posting still good for seo”, then my answer would be a big yes but only if you will do it by keeping the above points in mind.
I am Shreya Srivastava, a passionate blogger | Content Writer | SEO Expert. Blogging is not my work, it’s my passion! You can check out my work at Techoroid