The importance of images in a blog or on the social media as a whole is pretty well known now. Besides the fact that they make your posts or blogs appear striking, engaging and draw a good amount of attention, they are compulsory and required in some styles and format. It is one of the driving factors of making any content marketing strategy successful, visible and attractive. This is because most people, specifically the millennial these days have reportedly shown more inclination towards the posts or blogs or any marketing strategy that has an image attached to it, as compared to those which do not have it. Several case studies conducted by digital marketing agencies have shown that people look at the images first before deciding to link on that particular post of blog.
The use of images on the social medium platform of your business is extremely beneficial. Whether you run an online business, or a Facebook business page, use of images bring you quicker results. Here are some reasons why.
1.This why you should use Images on your Social Media posts
- Any article that has images in it is likely to get 94% more views in total as compared to those that do not.
- As per several researches conducted on consumer behavior online, it has been established that the quality of a product’s image is more important and should be given more focus then the information regarding it, the reviews or the ratings.
- Researchers have concluded that the press release with a photo increases total views upto 45%
- Even the rate of engagement on the photos on Facebook is 0.37% while on the posts that are text only have 0.27% engagement.
2.Where to get images for free?
Getting images for free is not a major hurdle. There are plenty of sources on the internet that have a parade of images in stock. You can search them online and search from a huge library to find what suits your post. If you are looking for some options, try these. They are absolutely free, all you have to do is give credits to the source you have used for the images.
- Visual Hunt
- Reusable Images in Google’s repository
- Creative Commons License on Flickr
- Negative Space
3.How to create images on your own?
If you have started a business online and you want to use your own creation of images on your website and all the social media posts, you can do that too. For all those who have the art to create images on Adobe, creating an image is not a problem. But if you lack this skill, you can use a number of websites online that provide online and offline software and tools to create images. Here are some great platforms to start at. (used by the top digital performance marketing agency)