A business has to overcome several obstacles in its way to establish its relevance in the competitive industry. With the internet revolution, every business has to update itself with the latest technology and concepts that will help its survival in the cyberspace. One of the most relevant techniques is the Search Engine Optimization. The search engine optimization techniques tutorial will help every webmaster understand the meaning and relevance of SEO for the business.
What is Search engine optimization (SEO)
Every business needs to know what SEO is and how it works to improve the website’s prominence. Search engine optimization or SEO is the set of rules that every website or blog needs to follow to optimize the search engine rankings that will improve its visibility. It is the right way to enhance the quality of the website by making it interactive, user-friendly, and faster.
Know About SEO Google
Google is the prominent search engine that opted for searching answers for the queries. So, business people must know how to optimize your website for search engines. It will assist in enhancing visibility using keyword research, Link building, content promotion, etc.
What are SEO marketing services?
The SEO marketing services encompass the on-site and off-site strategies along with the social engagement to improve the traffic of the websites. It is an ever-evolving process that follows the best practices to get results for the business owners. What is the effective SEO techniques that will help in the better marketing of the website? The answer is, there are services that can enhance the visibility of the website like;
- Local and Global SEO
- Online Reputation Management
- Content Marketing
- On-site/Offsite SEO
- Link Building
- Mobile SEO
How it works
SEO Company in India will improve the visibility of a business website in the digital space by changing its design, content, etc. to make it alluring to the audience. It is optimized for search engines like Yahoo, Bing, or Google that will rank the pages high for the search engine results. It offers the following positive effects;
- It improves the search engine rankings of the website.
- It can improve the website’s traffic quality.
- It can provide the business with measurable results.
Nine major Google algorithm updates for SEO
Business people may wonder how to optimize a website for google search, so it is important to note the Google algorithm updates that can have an effect on the SEO. Learn and be a certified SEO expert from the best seo course in Jaipur.
- Google Panda
- It is the ranking algorithm released on 24th Feb 2011 that lowers the rank of the low-quality site and increases the rankings of high-quality sites.
- Google Penguin
- The algorithm released on 24th April 2012 decrease the rankings of the sites that violate the webmaster guidelines of Google by implementing black hat SEO.
The algorithm released on August 2012 targets the torrent and pirate sites by documenting the DMCA notices to help the user find the legitimate site.
Hummingbird algorithm released on 22 August 2013 focuses on answering complex queries of the users.
Pigeon is the Google’s local search algorithm released on July 24, 2014, that provides useful, relevant, and precise search results.
- Mobilegeddon& The Google Mobile-Friendly Update
On 21st April 2015, Google released a mobile-friendly algorithm that will boost the mobile-friendly pages in the Google mobile search results.
RankBrain released on 26th October 2016 sorts through the billions of page search to find the most relevant ones. It is a part of the Hummingbird algorithm that will interpret the searches of people to give them the precise results.
It is the Google’s local search algorithm update released on September 1st, 2016, that impacted the Google Map results and 3-pack. So, it focusses on organic results by diversifying it and prevents spam sites from ranking.
The Google update released on Mar 7th, 2017 targeted the low-value content of the website that focused only on revenue generation.
Types of SEO
What are SEO techniques that will work well for the business website? Before venturing into the answer, it is imperative to know the three different types of search engine optimization techniques;
- White hat SEO: It utilizes ethical techniques and methods to improve the search engine ranking without any fouls. It implements high-quality content, better HTML optimization, good links, etc. to improve the outreach. Though the growth is gradual, the rankings are steady that lasts for a long time.
- Black hat SEO: It is a technique that exploits the weakness of algorithms for improving the rankings. It is not in compliance with the Google guidelines, so the results are unpredictable. It includes hidden text, keyword stuffing, cloaking, etc. that offers prompt yet short growth.
- Grey hat SEO: It is the SEO that lies in between the white and black SEO as it combines both the techniques to deliver better results. Companies prefer to use the Grey hat as it does not cross the line to unethical SEO.
Depending on the requirements of the company, the ideal SEO technique is adopted for better results.
How to do SEO
You may wonder how to do search engine optimization that will aid in higher ranking of your website by increasing its relevance. Every business website needs to understand that the process of optimization is ever-evolving that needs maintenance, tweaking, testing, and monitoring. So, here are the methods that explain how to do SEO for website step by step that will provide the best strategy for the SEO;
- Target Business Analysis of Market
- Analysis of Website: Analyse the keyword, visible text, code, etc.to determine the position of the page in the search engine results.
- Competitive Analysis: Determine the effective strategy implemented by top pages to improve the rankings.
- Priority Keyword: Developing the priority keyword that relates to the customer query that will land them on the website.
- Keyword Research
- Goal and Objectives: Identify the objectives of the business to measure the ROI after implementing the program.
- Keyword Analysis: Identify the keywords or phrases that can help in enhancing the website visibility.
- Content Optimization
- Create pages: create pages with keyword-based titles, meta tags, etc. that can influence the rankings.
- Placing search phrases: Integrating the keyword or relevant phrases in the web content that will help the search engine identify the pages quickly.
- Develop sitemaps for search engines: Create XML and HTML pages that make it easier to index the website.
- Continuous Testing
- Testing and Measuring: Analyze the web traffic and rankings of the website to determine the effectiveness of the programs implemented.
- Maintenance: Perform continuous modifications and addition to the website that will maintain the positive results and enhance the growth.
- Off Page SEO:
This process is associated with the processes that are used to promote your website or business apart from your own site. This is not all about creating back links and pasting your site URL and anchor text at the trustworthy sources. This is associated with all the reputable and genuine processes to promote your site.
Some Off Page techniques include:
- Bookmarking: Bookmark your blog post or webpage on high authority social networking sites to get high traffic to it.
- Directory Submission: Place a link that sites like yellow pages, yelp and moz that point towards your website. This is the best way to build quality back links.
- Classified Ads: Publish your website ad to some reputable classified ad sites like Sulekha, OLX and much more.
- Content marketing: Publish articles on high authority article directories to get back links to your website.
- Video Sharing: Video sharing on popular sites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo to make your video popular and get quality back links.
- Image Sharing: Sharing popular images on high quality sites to get back links to your blog or website.
There are lot more ways to get quality back links include Web 2.0 ,Profile Sharing, Blog commenting, Blog Posting, PPT and PDF sharing and much more.
Using the latest SEO techniques 2018 will help your business compete with the peer competition in the market to establish itself and create a loyal customer base. Updating the techniques continuously will help in sustaining the growth of the business.